I am pleased to announce that I will be leading the Senate Democrats in a statewide Racial Equity Solutions Tour this summer.
Caucus members will hold conversations, both in-person adhering to CDC guidelines and virtually, throughout the summer, in addition to lending their voices to protests and events organized by local community leaders.
This is another important step in our efforts to bring tangible changes to Pennsylvania and end the systemic racism that still plagues our commonwealth and our nation. We have had enough listening, now is the time for action. Protests in every corner of the world have shown us that when people rise up, change happens. This tour will be an outlet for community lead change in Pennsylvania. Check out the events below:
Racial Equity Tour Event with Senators Maria Collett and Anthony Williams
July 20, 2020 | 11:00 AM
- Van Jones – CNN political contributor #cut50 co-founder, Reform Alliance CEO
- Jessica Jackson – #cut50 co-founder and Reform Alliance advocacy director
- Solomon Jones – WURD Radio Host and Advocate for Police Reform
- Kenny Duncan – Celebrity Barber and Advocate for Economic Freedom
- Jenna Moll – Justice Action Network action
Racial Equity Tour Event with Senators Tim Kearney and Anthony Williams
July 28, 2020 | 4:00 PM
- Keith Reeves, Swarthmore College
- Stefan Roots, journalist and activist
- Jonathan Feinberg, civil rights lawyer
- Hans Menos, Philadelphia Police Advisory Commission